Saturday, May 23, 2015

About Me and The Purpose of this Website


I want to start this website by talking a bit about myself and then going into some of my thoughts on the Bible and how we can prepare for Heaven.  We are told that the way to Heaven is through Jesus Christ.  I want to share my vision of what Heaven is like so you can meditate on it and imagine the home that we are now preparing for.  Heaven is a glorious place.  So glorious that God created it and chooses to live there.  If it's good enough for God to make His home, it's something you should be excited about.

So, who am I?  I am an adult male who has been married for 14 years.  I was married quite young in the Adventist Church.  My wife and I were married for 13 years before having our daughter who has become perhaps the greatest blessing in our lives, second to the blessing that Christ gave to us in dying for our sins.  I graduated from law school in 2013 and decided, instead of pursuing the route of being a lawyer, that I would rather be a missionary.  I found the corporate world to be the kind of place I felt that I did not belong.  Therefore, my wife and I decided to contact various division leaders in the church and offer ourselves for God's service.  We were accepted to be missionaries in Kiev, Ukraine, where we teach English, Bible Studies, Friday Night Club (which has to do with topics on the Bible), and other tasks, such as preparing Vacation Bible Study.  We enjoy serving the Lord here and telling others about how wonderful God is.  I now want to branch out even further by creating this website and reach people who may have questions about God, Jesus, the Bible, Heaven, and other topics.  I would like to post some of the Bible studies here, as well as thoughts about the church, its mission, and ideas that I have.

There is a lot more that I could say about myself, but that should suffice for now.

My goals for this website:
  • To post about my walk with Christ
  • To share Bible studies with those who are longing to learn about what the Bible has to say
  • To show others how I view Heaven, based on what I have read and studied in the Bible
  • To share my thoughts on Bible passages
I look forward to reading your comments as well.  If you have something to add or want to mention something about your walk with Jesus, please comment!  I enjoy reading what others have to say and will give you respect, even if we happen to disagree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.